- Use of this Website
- User Obligations
Anyone who uses the Site shall comply with the following obligations:
- Shall not use this Site for any purpose in violation of any laws, including local, national or international laws.
- Shall not use this Site as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited materials to anyone.
- Provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself and any organization you represent (‘User Data’).
- NCOHR does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, email or street address during your visit to the Site. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it voluntarily by sending us an e-mail, completing an on-line form, or registering as a network member.
- NCOHR employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that had contacted the Site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our Site unless an attempt to damage the Site has been detected.
- NCOHR will use Google Analytics to provide detailed statistics about how a user uses this Site. Details are available here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage.
- NCOHR uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to the Site) and allow the user to quickly navigate many pages of the Site. These cookies are deposited on a user’s computer only while the user is visiting the Site and typically expire when the user’s session ends, i.e., when the user closes the browser or leaves the site.
- Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on the Site have been produced and/or compiled by the NCOHR for the purpose of facilitating networking and collaboration among oral health researchers. The material on this Site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, and regulations and by international agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
- Non-Commercial Reproduction
Information on the Site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for non-commercial use. Unless otherwise noted by the application of the copyright symbol, materials on the Site may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the NCOHR. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- NCOHR be identified as the source or author; and
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of NCOHR.
- Commercial Reproduction
Reproduction of multiple copies of material on this Site, in whole, or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited.
- Third-party Materials
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the Site are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
- External Hyperlinks
Links to websites not under the control of the NCOHR are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The NCOHR is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The NCOHR does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by sites to which NCOHR links may not be subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
- Official Languages
NCOHR strives to ensure all information on this Site is available in both English and French. However, visitors should be aware that some information from external sources may only be in the language in which they are provided.
- Legal Disclaimer
NCOHR does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information contained in the Site. Anyone using this information on this Site does so at his or her own risk; any loss arising from the use of information on this website is the sole responsibility of the user. You expressly accept that NCOHR is not responsible for and expressly disclaim any responsibility, whether expressed or implied, for the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of the Site or for the consequences, whether direct or indirect and whether known or unknown, of using the Site. The NCOHR will not be responsible for any injury or damage arising from its use.
You expressly accept that NCOHR does not assume any responsibility for the uninterrupted or error free operation of the Site or warrant or represent that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
Your use of the Site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Site is subject to the laws of Nova Scotia and Canada.